As part of our continuing communication program, we will be issuing you with Board Meetings notes following the monthly Board Meeting.
October Board Meeting
The key items were:
- Financial Position: We are in a good position and are excercising due diligence with our finances. We are able to pay debts as they fall due.
- Marketing Plan: The response to Many Faces of PSA has been great. The entries are now closed and the panel will create a shortlist for the next phase.
- Constitution Change: The Special General Meeting was held. You can see the outcome of the meeting here. Essentially, the vote was 43 For and 3 Against the motion. This means that Affiliates and Provisional Members have until 1 January 2019 to attain the Member category before the Affiliate category is removed.
- Convention: The Convention is closer to being finalised. The initial video for marketing has been released. Click here to see it. The next phase will commence shortly. Keep an eye on the Facebook group and the convention website PSAConvention.com.au for the latest updates (and register if you haven’t already!)
- eSpeakers Spring Clean: The winners of the eSpeakers Spring Clean were
- Jenny Cartwright – 1st place Wins a PRO Annual subscription
- Donna Hanson – 2nd Place Wins a PLUS Annual subscription
- Michelle Pascoe – close 3rd Wins a Bureau Blast
- APRA Licensing: We are currently in discussions with them to try and arrange a special PSA deal. Until that is finalised, please contact the APRA Business Licensing Representative Pheonuh Callan via email email@example.com
Did you know you can get a license for music used during a presentation and another license to use music on a podcast/vodcast? We are looking to get a better deal on both for our members
- Platform Professionals 2018: The dates for 2018 have been finalised. For the first time we are looking at a special retreat. More details to come. Until then, CSPs and Speakers earning over $300k/year are welcome to register for the Melbourne Platform Professionals Summit happening on Friday 17th November. Check ProfessionalSpeakers.org.au for details.
This covers the key points coming from our board meeting. As always, we welcome any ideas, thoughts or feedback you may have about our association and what we can do to support you better.
As a reminder, your 2017 PSA Board comprises:
Warwick Merry CSP – President, Director & Chair
Tarran Deane – Vice President & Director
Brian Waring – Treasurer
Donna Hanson CSP
John Driscoll CSP
Thanks for being part of the Professional Speakers Australia community!
2017 PSA President