As part of our continuing communication program, we will be issuing you with Board Meetings notes following the monthly Board Meeting.
July Board Meeting
The key items were:
- Financial Position: We are in a good strong position and due diligence is being exercised. We are able to pay debts as they fall due.
- Marketing Plan: Our marketing committee have taken over our social media streams. They are also at the initial stage of the new marketing plan. Keep an eye out on our Facebook group for some announcements and requests. The plan is very exciting and should have a solid impact on our brand presence.Many of you may have seen some of the initial announcements for convention. Further information will be out shortly as well as a fresh look at the convention brand. Check out PSAConvention.com.au for information (and don’t forget to register if you haven’t already!)
- Company Secretary: We are still looking for a Company Secretary. If you have a suggestion or recommendation, we would appreciate your input.
- Constitution Change: To formally shift the Member requirements voted on at our AGM and subsequently reviewed by the board, we will be holding a Special General Meeting. This will be in September. Notification of this meeting, the changes required and a proxy form will be sent out shortly.
- CSP Review: The CSP (or equivalent) is currently awarded by three members of the GSF; NSA in the USA, PSA in Australia and PSAUK in the UK. At the recent GSF board meeting it was decided to establish a committee to review the CSP awarding process to encourage a standardised process globally. Our GSF representative, Lindsay Adams, continues to keep us updated on GSF matter such as this.
- Revised Free to Fee : As part of our Getting to Member campaign, we are looking to run a revised Free to Fee (with new title) event around Australia in late October. This will be similar to the previous Free to Fee sessions, but better! We will be working with the Chapter Presidents to make this happen.
- APRA Licensing: We have had recent communication with the Australasian Performing Rights Association (APRA) regarding licensing of music during a speakers performance. Many of our members already have this licensing. We are looking to create a closer relationship with them.
Until then, for any queries or to obtain your license, please contact their Business Licensing Representative Pheonuh Callan via email firstname.lastname@example.org
I also wanted to take this opportunity to thank Lindsay Adams CSP for his continued service to PSA, both locally and on an international level. He has recently taken on a position on the GSF Steering Committee until June 2018. This is not a position to be taken lightly nor are the other service roles he takes on. On behalf of PSA and the Board, thank you Lindsay.
This covers the key points coming from our board meeting. As always, we welcome any ideas, thoughts or feedback you may have about our association and what we can do to support you better.
As a reminder, your 2017 PSA Board comprises:
- Warwick Merry CSP – President, Director & Chair
- Tarran Deane – Vice President & Director –
- Brian Waring – Treasurer | Acting Secretary
- Donna Hanson CSP
- Tony Eades
- Russell Pearson
- John Driscoll CSP
Thanks for being part of the Professional Speakers Australia community!
2017 PSA President