As part of our continuing communication program, we will be issuing you with Board Meetings notes following the monthly Board Meeting.
As a reminder, your 2017 PSA Board comprises:
- Warwick Merry CSP – President, Director & Chair
- Tarran Deane – Vice President & Director –
- Brian Waring – Treasurer | Acting Secretary
- Donna Hanson CSP
- Tony Eades
- Russell Pearson
- John Driscoll CSP
May Board Meeting
Another robust board meeting was held on Thursday 25th of May with some great outcomes and more continuing work to strengthen PSA and our membership.
The key items were:
- The state presidents and the board are working hard behind the scene to support transition from Affiliate and Provisional Member to Member. One of the key initiatives is the Getting to Member online program that will be held on the first Tuesday of each month. The first session will be held 8pm AEST June 6th and will cover How to Create a Presentation the Sells. Details will be emailed out shortly.
- In addition, we are also looking to run the Free to Fee program towards the end of October. This is in early planning stages and we will get information to you as it evolves.
- While we are supporting those who wish to get to Member, we are still very focused on our speaking professionals. The dates for the Platform Professionals for this year have been announced. The tentative dates are 17 August in Sydney and 17 November in Melbourne. These events will be confirmed shortly and then be placed on the website for registration by CSP’s and business owners who earn more than $300,000 per annum.
- We are currently exploring some marketing initiatives to attract more professional speakers as well as positively represent our brand in the market place. While it is very early days, the board are excited about the possibilities this represents for us.
- Margaret and the team at the Good Work Group continue to serve PSA well. They enable us to operate smoothly and serve our members. We have just renegotiated their service agreement with us for an additional two year term.
- As you will have heard at our AGM, as well as following a successful convention, we now have a solid financial reserve. This is encouraging as it gives us a solid foundation on which to build our future.
- We are continuing to look for a pro-bono Company Secretary outside the PSA membership. Should anyone have any contacts with corporate governance experience as well as a history of serving as a Company Secretary, please get in touch with me directly.
This covers the key points coming from our board meeting. As always, we welcome any ideas, thoughts or feedback you may have about our association and what we can do to support you better.
Thanks for being part of the Professional Speakers Australia community!
2017 PSA President