August Board Meeting
Held: Thursday 23rd August 2018
Standard Frequency: 4th Thursday of Month
Location: Virtual Meeting
President: Tarran Deane
The key items were:
- Board Vacancies: The full Board, inclusive of executive committee Tarran Deane, Russell Pearson and Tony Eades, have confirmed the candidate proceeding to interview during last week of August and expect to announce this individual as the Incoming Treasurer in the upcoming President Video eNewsletter.We retain our commitment to effective governance, gender diversity and CSP representation when seeking to fulfil Board vacancies. If you are interested in serving, please send a one page application addressing the above 3 points to admin@ProfessionalSpeakers.org.au and detail the skills and value you would bring to the board
- Financial Position: We are in a good position and are exercising due diligence with our finances. We are able to pay debts as they fall due.
- #PSAConvention19: Pre-Convention momentum is building with the exciting program being designed by #PSAConvention19 Convenor and Keynote Speaker of the Year Amanda Stevens CSP.Recent site visit as a result of the Winter Retreat “Platform Professionals” Event confirmed high level of satisfaction by delegates of the venue and amenities.- Convention Pre & Post Workshop Days are being Finalised by Amanda Stevens during September 2018
– Platform Professionals Convention Stream will be developed during September and October
*Note: Pre & Post Convention Workshops require additional registration. Platform Professionals which is held as a concurrent session on Fridays incurs eligibility criteria and cost is the same as Friday Workshops– Accommodation: PSA has agreed to a number of room nights as part of the #PSAConvention19 package. This ensures direct service and support via own Conference and Event Manager at Peppers Salt Resort.- Contact the PSA office for your unique booking code, once you have completed your convention registration formRegister: Visit our website for more details and to register
Sponsorship Packs: are currently being finalised by our Sponsorship Coordinator Brett Dashwood with some exciting opportunities emerging that capture our “You are the MESSAGE!” theme
Meeting Notes Aligning with Our Core 8 Competencies as They Apply to the Business of PSA
- Professional Awareness –
Service Succession Planning at State Chapter level is a focus and we welcome your expressions of interest in serving. Please liaise with your Chapter President and Chapter Leadership team to find out how you may be able to help right now and into the future.
- Professional Relationships –
GSF: Work continues on the global CSP Harmonisation project
Strategic Partnerships: We currently receiving enquiries from potential strategic partners and cosndiering them during September 18 .
Media Appearances: nil this month
- Topic Development –
Chapter Event Program: well done to all Chapters on a good month.
Chapter Event Pricing: the focus is on achieving consistent event pricing around the country in line with our members joining the whole organisation vs. one chapter. SA is tracking towards that well.
What Happened During August Beyond the Chapter Events:
– August 2018: Platform Professionals Kingscliff, convened by Keith Abraham CSP was an outstanding success. Many thanks Keith, Donna Hanson CSP, Scott Williams MC and all our generous presenters!
– September 2018 National Roadshow by Ian Stephens CSP focusing on Sales and Marketing. This Roadshow is in addition to monthly Chapter events. Keep watching for the latest updates on the Events Calendar as they’re uploaded
- Guest Speakers & PSA Non Pitch Environments: we are revisiting the integrity of our Chapter Events as “No Pitch” environments for non-PSA programs after receiving CSP feedback that they are becoming ‘pitch fests’. We’d love to hear your feedback. Send us your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org subject line #eventfeedback
- Platform Mechanics – continuing towards focus of CSP and Professional Member level Chapter contributors
- Presenting & Performing – ongoing
Getting to Professional Member (PM) Webinars – thank you Warwick Merry
- Authorship & Development – ongoing
Protecting PSA intellectual property is a key focus with a special project commenced during August.
- Sales & Marketing – PSA Market Penetration |
Reviewed June EoFY social media promotional results for PSAConvention19
BOOST! Coaching Program: Intake #01 3/4 complete! This is such a fantastic Coaching Program for Professional Members – and CSPs If you’d like to join the September/October Intake #02 you can learn more about BOOST! right here and increase your sales!
- Managing the Business
We’re tracking well and continue to liaise closely with our fabulous office team, Tuesday – Thursday 9am-3pm.
- Professional Awareness –
3 Directors attended Platform Professionals in Kingscliff and we individually caught up with some of our CSPs, Chapter Presidents and delegates at the event.
Items discussed included:
- the Transitioning to Retirement of CSPs, retention of CSP knowledge, current feedback received and updates on a Discussion Paper submitted by Lindsay Adams CSP and Anne Riches CSP, strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats, the formation of the virtual working group under Michelle Bowden CSPs coordination and next steps
- Chapter President communications and updates and the standing ZOOM Video Calls being held with the National President
- Platform Professionals – next season Convenor opportunities
As always, we welcome any ideas, thoughts or feedback you may have about our association and what we can do to support you better. If you’d like to lodge a Board Discussion Paper for our Agenda, please obtain the template from Margaret and lodge with her at Head Office, no later than the 3rd Wednesday of the month, to enable circulation with our Board Pack to Directors which goes out shortly after that.
Thanks for being part of the Professional Speakers Australia community!
2018 PSA National President & Chairman of the Board
As a reminder, your 2018 PSA Board are comprised of:
- Tarran Deane – National President | Chair | Director
- Russell Pearson – Vice President | Director
- Treasurer [in progress]
- Tony Eades – also serving in Interim Executive Role
- Peter Merrett
- Michelle Bowden CSP
- Manpreet Singh